Monday, January 30, 2006

Zed and the Evil Hell Bitch



This is Zed, our new cat. He's a sweetheart, loves to talk and trill, and wants all sorts of attention. On the other hand, we also have his sister. Her name is Cleo, but it should be Evil Hell Bitch Cat. She apparently didn't get much attention for the first few months of her life and is almost feral. We've been trying to work with her, give her a lot of space, but try to pet her from time to time. It's working a little, she actually purred a little yesterday (after the usual hissing and spitting). They'll both be going outside soon, hopefully to help keep down the population of mice, shrew, and other pesky critters that tend to cause problems on a farm.

Cleo has already caused a lot of trouble, she sneaked to the basement and got in the crawl space the other day and didn't want to come out. My husband crawled around in there in the dirt and crud and spiders, (I wouldn't be able to make myself go up in there to save my life), but he couldn't get her. Our daughter crawled in there the next day and was able to scare her out. After she bounced around the walls of the basement for a while, we finally got her upstairs. Good thing that we got her spayed, once she's outside we probably won't be able to catch her again. She'll probably love it outdoors, though. When we got her she had been closed in a room (the lady rescued the kittens but had a dog so couldn't give the cats run of the house) and she and Zed hate being closed in a room now.
I finished a baby quilt last night, 2nd one of the year. My goal is to make one a month (for ABC Quilts). Usually I end up getting about 8 done and then I'm busy trying to make stuff for Christmas. I keep them simple, cut 4 inch blocks and use ten rows (ten blocks per row). I love buying baby fabrics, I get a good variety and make some of the quilts from the girly pinks and purples, some from the loud brights, some with trucks and sports themes for little boys. I take turns hand quilting, tying, and machine quilting so I can get more done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home