Saturday, May 27, 2006

Get ready......

I know it doesn't look like much now, but soon this will be such a beautiful peony, just give it a few days, you'll see. It's been a chilly spring here in SW Michigan, but today is HOT (by Michigan standards, anyway, by my Mom's Florida standards it would probably be considered mildly warm.). By fortunate coincidence it's also the day my DH got the new air conditioner hooked up, lucky for him, there would have been whining, lots of whining. Anyway, so far the weather is being kind to us for this holiday weekend. We don't have big plans, just hanging around home, lots of cooking out on the grill with our daughter, Taiya and her hubby, Matt and working on the addition, redoing things we've already done once thanks to an inept builder who is no longer working here. I've finally been able to buy some flowers, and even a few tomato plants. I don't know if I'll be able to get anyone to till up the veggie garden, but I'm ever hopeful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sande said...

Hi from a fellow michigander...on the side, lower southeast...Monroe. I enjoyed seeing your photos of scenery and your pups. Your tree quilt is lovely and was fun to see the progress on it. Happy quilting.

5:40 PM  
Blogger the shrewness said...

that peony will be gorgeous with all its huge blooms! what color are they?

i think my neighbor has all the colors in her backyard.

hope you take pictures when theyre in full bloom!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thank you Sande & shrewness, glad you enjoy the pics, we live in Allegan. The peonies are light pink, I'll post a pic when they bloom, it won't be long now, so check back!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home