Thursday, June 22, 2006

Two Weeks!

This is our temporary home. Two weeks....that's how long the guy from the cleaning company said it would be for them to get our house ready for us to move back in (just like the MONEY PIT!)I almost laughed when he said it. I didn't believe him anyway, it didn't seem likely.
I was so excited last weekend when my husband started building shelves in my future quilting room (we're moving it downstairs into our old bedroom) and then we got stalled again. The builders had to use the room to put the dry wall and their other stuff in so they could work on the bathroom. So we postponed the carpet cleaners and I've been biting my nails waiting to be able to see enough progress so that I can dare to hope that we'll be back in our house soon. Now things are looking up, the builders think they'll be done with the bathroom and will have all the ceilings done by tomorrow. Then we can start painting this weekend, yea! The soda blasting, the attic insulating and the carpet cleaning in my quilt/craft room is scheduled for next week. We may actually be moving home next weekend, that would be wonderful, but I'm not holding my breath.
Since there's nothing I can do at the house right now I got to go to Shipshewana, Indiana yesterday with my friend, Pat. The carousel looks like it's almost done! Can't wait to see it working. All the horses are so well made and have such distinctive personalities, I've never seen anything like it. They even have a big chicken, but I couldn't get a good pic of it. I guess that's it for the pictures, I have more but can't get them to upload, so I'll try tomorrow. I hope that by next week I'll be posting pics of our progress on getting my craft room together. Just about everything in our house is in boxes, we had stuff from different rooms all over when the fire happened because of the work being done in different areas of the house, so even though the boxes are marked by room, we have no idea what we'll find. It brings to mind the times when my mom would buy cans of food from the store real cheap because the labels had been torn off. Mystery dinner! I thought it was kind of fun, as long as I didn't HAVE to eat what was in there, might be corn, might be beets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home