Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Old Bag Factory

This is where I went yesterday with my daughter, my niece, and one of my 'other daughters'. It's in Goshen, Indiana, in what was once an actual bag factory. My favorite shop there is Quilt Designs, which has the most amazing quilts I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I can't show you any pics of the quilts because they don't allow any photos in the shop. I can't blame them for that, as the owner of the shop designs the quilts herself, and they are quite costly, so I can imagine they want to protect their designs. If you ever get a chance, you really should stop by and see the quilts, they are quite lovely and the hand quilting is incredible.
There are quite a few shops at the Bag Factory, it's a fun day out and there are a lot of other places to see in that area of Indiana. We went to Das Dutchman Essenhaus
for lunch on our way down, and then went over to Shipshewana. We all took a ride on the carousel and visited a lot of the shops, and had a pretzel at Jojo's (a family tradition). Other than the weather, which was gloomy and rainy, it was a great day. Of course I had to stop by the Lolly's quilt store in Shipshy and see what was new on the wall of quilts. As far as my own work goes I'm working on unfinished projects, and need to make a couple of new purses for my daughter and myself, ours are getting worn out. This weekend will be fun, we'll be going to the arts and crafts fair in South Haven with our daughter & SIL, and their three nephews, they're always a lot of fun to have around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh you make all that sound so fun! One of these days I'll make it there!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home