Thursday, September 28, 2006

Boston Common &c.

Look at the pretty quilt I bought at an antique store in Otsego yesterday! I KNOW, I don't BUY quilts, but this one just spoke to me & I had to get it (plus it was a good deal, that always helps). It's well made, hand quilted and I love the colors. I was hoping to go outside and get nicer picture, but when I got home the sky darkened right up and we had a downpour. That lasted about 10 minutes and now the sun is shining again, weird!
Everybody seems to be showing pics of their pincusions, so here are mine. The magnet one gets the most use, but my favorite is the green one with the wooden bottom. It's from the woodworking store at the Bag Factory in Goshen, Indiana. The other one is a wool one that I made.

Here are three ATCs that I made from the bag of goodies sent to me from the Quilting Arts Blog. I have another project in mind to make from what I have left, hopefully I'll be able to get that done soon. The fabrics are so nice, I hate to waste any.
I also got this cute little chest of drawers at the same antique shop as the quilt. It's only a few inches tall & will be real cute when I get it repainted, I'll put a pic on when it's done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh I love that Bostom Commons quilt you got! What a great find! And I had so much fun seeing your pin cushions!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jenni @ Fairybread said...

The quilt is lovely - the colours are so vibrant.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

I love your Boston Commons quilt - if it spoke to you then you needed to buy it. That kind of thing is so good for your heart and soul.

And, your pincushions are great!

What color are you going to paint the little chest? It's darling!

Thanks for visiting my Blog - I'll be back to visit yours on a very regular basis!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home