Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lovin' the holiday weekend...

....mostly because it means my DH is home for an extra day. He's mostly traveling around the country fixing machines, but I get to have him here an extra day before he runs off again.
Today we went to the arts & crafts fair in South Haven, MI. It was just a beautiful day. I didn't see a lot of new things, or much that really knocked me out, but it was still great to get out and see a lot of other people's creations. I bought one thing, a really beautiful santa, isn't it great? It was painted on an old table top by Peggy Gaines. She lives in a small town near us and paints on everything from small boxes to entire walls of buildings.

My DD & her hubby, and his nephews went with us. The boys are the closest thing I have to grandkids now, and it's great having them around the house. The only thing that's a bummer about having them here is when they go, we worry about their life at home, things don't seem to be right there. Practically every time they come over they ask us to adopt them (they're 4 and 6), and they're serious. They act strangely at times and say things that cause concern, but not anything so far that would give any proof of abuse. I wish there was something we could do, but for now we just have them over when we can, give them a place where they can be secure and happy for a while and hope that helps.

On the happy side, my son Jason is coming home on Friday! He lives on the other side of the country and hasn't been home for a long time. Can't wait to spend some time with him. Ooooh, that sandwich is looking good to me right now, too.

I've been working on a project I've had sitting around for a while, I really need to get some of these old things finished or just get rid of them, so I can feel good about moving on to new things. This was supposed to be for our new bedroom, but we didn't go with the colors we were going to originally, so I'm thinking I need something much 'lighter' now. I'll decide after I get the top done.
Blogger has decided I can't upload any more pics, so I guess I'll show you another day! (this is finished on the post above since blogger was giving me problems)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh your Santa is wonderful! I love him! Glad you had fun. I"m just cruzing through trying to catch up after being gone!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home