Thursday, September 21, 2006

Woodchucks & Pluots

This little guy has been living in our woodpile in the back yard, and coming out occasionally to eat an apple or two. I hope we're not going to have any problems with him (or her?) when we start the fire up this weekend. I'm surprise that it's escaped the notice of our dog, she will not tolerate any critters in her yard. Are you wondering about the Pluot? It's a cross between an apricot and a plum, and it's GOOD. I think they screwed up, should have called it an Apri-lum, sounds more Dr. Seuss-ish and interesting.I'm picturing God looking down with his hands on his hips saying "Aren't you people EVER satisfied?" Ha.

This batch of goodies is from the Quilting Arts blog challenge. I don't usually work with paper, so this really is a challenge for me.

This is a picture from last week, Jason and I went to Marshall, MI, a nice little town east of here. I like the shops there, it's a little different than you'd expect. There are a lot of nice homes, they value their history there, and take care of their historical homes. AND on this trip I found that they have a really nice quilt shop. I took J's wife there last year & she liked it, so we thought we'd let Jas see what he thought (a little push to get him to move closer to home!). That would be nice, but one problem is that it's not so easy to find decent jobs around here. Michigan is just not bouncing back like some other states, it seems like every day you read about more people losing their jobs. I would SO love to have one of these Tiffany lamps! They're all so beautiful it would be hard to choose just one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni @ Fairybread said...

What a cute little fellow. I'd rather have him in the woodpile than a canetoad or snake. Your dog has been on summer holiday - you'd better have a chat with him/her about job descriptions!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

We had a bucket of apples from our trees sitting on the front steps and caught a chipmonk sitting on the bucket eating our apples!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sande said...

I love your comments on the pluot and God's view of it all. Very funny!
Overall a very nice blog!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home