Thursday, October 12, 2006

Not yet!

I can't believe it's snowing already, no fair! The snow broke a record in Grand Rapids for the earliest snowfall of over 1/2 inch or something like that. Hopefully we're still going to get some more nice fall weather, I love the fall & we were just getting some great color in the trees.
At least it's good quilting weather (yeah, I'm reaching to find a bright spot here). I'm making some headway on hand quilting this quilt. I think the pattern is called Fancy Grandmother's Flower Garden, but I'm not sure. It looks like I have about 1/3 of this quilted, but it seems like it's going slow for as much time as I've been putting in to it. This top was made by my husband's grandma, my MIL gave it to me for Christmas last year, I got to choose from several tops that Grandma didn't get quilted. This year I get to choose another, that is a great Christmas present for someone like me! I love scrap quilts and vintage fabrics, so this is the perfect quilt for me.

How cute is this fabric?

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh how wonderful to get an unquilted quilt top from your husband's grandmother every year! That is a perfect gift, and I'm so glad your quilting them!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh my gosh! I am so jealous! I love the repro fabrics too. I am working on a grandmother's flower garden quilt too, making it all scrappy 30's fabric, and a few pieces tossed in of some feedsacks my mom gave me. Your quilt is great!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Wow, what a gift. Good to see someone elses hexagons too. Very good of you hand quilting the whole thing. And SNOW - how exciting.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home