Thursday, October 05, 2006

A tisket a tasket.....

.....here's my new Amish made magazine basket. It's from Rebecca Haarer's
Arts & Antiques store in Shipshewana, Indiana. She has a room full of vintage quilts, blocks and quilt tops at her shop, and many other interesting things. It's one of those places where there's so much to see that you never see it all in one visit. My husband and I are planning a weekend away to Galena, Illinois soon. He's been working too hard and needs a break. If anyone has been there and has any advice, I'd be happy to hear from you. I'm going to have to do some research and find out if there are any good quilt stores in that area or on the way there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dianna in Maui said...

Thanks for the lovely fall pictures! Fall here means the temp may get down to 75 during the day and no changing of colors (although it does get greener when (and if) the rains start to come. I spent time in northern Indiana as a kid and loved it, especially tagging along with Grandma and mom through antique stores and Amish country.

7:26 PM  
Blogger spawnofwillow said...

No mention of your fantastic, amazing, wonderful daughter's photography skilz? ;) J/K, love the blog, though. You are getting so html advanced, and I don't even really know what it is! What's wrong with this picture?! Love You!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Oh I love your basket! What a wonderful purchase. Can't help with the quilt stores or any ideas, but I hear galena area is wonderful! Have a great time!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Franco said...

very nice blog!
My name is Franco Di Giacomo
Would it make fun for you,
to make money in the Internet?
(Income for Life!)
Yes?
NEW Business, see the GDI video
www-franco.blogspot.com

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home