Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Girl's Day Out

I really like Marshall, it's a nice little town with a main street made up of those old brick buildings from the mid to late 1800s. They have lots of cute little shops, but it's not a tourist town, it has that Hometown, America feel to it, for me anyway. My daughter and I had a girl's day out today and she wanted to go to Marshall since she hadn't been there for quite a while.
I wonder how many people look up and notice the architecture. I love to see that, there are so many towns around here that have modernized the store fronts on the old buildings like this and they look awful. Marshall is a town that appreciates it's history, I've never seen so many nice old houses in one town, next time I'll take some pictures of some of the homes.
It was a nice day, pretty chilly but at least the sun was shining. I didn't find a lot to buy, but did get a couple of little things. I've been looking for a good old rolling pin for my daughter for a while, and I found one in my favorite antique store in Marshall. It's one of those places where you just keep finding more rooms around the corner, like magic! Not sure why I love the old kitchen utensils, we didn't have antiques in our house when I was growing up, but maybe it reminds me of my Grandma's kitchen or something. I also found the cute little measuring cup, I just have a kitchen stuff jones I guess. Give me a cookie cutter with a colored wooden handle and I'm a happy woman.
This is a pic of some tile work at the entry way to a store. My kids think I'm strange because I see quilt patterns everywhere, I'll bet a lot of you do that, too. What I love is when THEY do it, too, just because they're in the habit from having me point such things out. Or when they see a quilt and know the name of the pattern. Hah! My evil brain-washing scheme is working!

4 Comments:

Blogger spawnofwillow said...

Don't think I don't know your evil schemes, Madre! :D

6:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a cute little town! And I love the picture of the floor! I've taken pictures of floors before!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out! I adore small towns that treasure their heritage. LOve those old buildings! That floor is beautiful. And I really like your "old" kitchen utensils. :D

5:02 AM  
Blogger Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Keep up those evil schemes - gives them something to talk about!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home