Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Day!

Tomorrow's my birthday! Sorry, no big surprise party or anything. DH is taking me away (to Illinois- woohoo!). This is finally the Galena weekend. I'd seen some article about the town a long time ago, one of those places with the old brick buildings and lots of cute shops. Also a good break for my husband who works too hard and is feeling real tired. I have to drag him away to get him to rest. I'm serious, his company already asked him to work Sunday! Luckily it's my birthday weekend so I can say NO! Sometimes it pays to have an ornery wife you can blame things on.......

Since I don't have any new quilt pics of my own to show you, here's a cute quilt that I saw hanging in Shipshewana. It was right outside the fabric store so I went in to ask about the pattern, but they didn't have it, it was from an old book (If it was my store I'd have a quilt up there that I had lots of patterns for). The lady very kindly called someone who knew, and found out it's from Christmas or Not by Gerry Kimmel, Linda Brannock & Jan Patek. And I actually found a copy at a used book store on-line. It's really cute, looks even better in person. Sorry about the crooked pic, that's just something I do lately....who knows why.....maybe it's something that happens about the time you turn 50.

It's raining again today, it rained most of the night and everything is soggy and muddy. We just didn't get a very nice fall season this year, and I'm wondering if all this rain means we'll have a lot of snow this winter. Do you ever wake up in the morning and just for a moment think it's early spring or summer and then realize it's actually winter? Eh, it's probably just me that does that. I hate that moment of realization, not that I despise winter or anything, but there's something magical about early spring when everything is coming to life, the air has that certain sweet smell, all that beauty is just getting ready to blossom. I envy bears.

4 Comments:

Blogger DubiQuilts said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great weekend and I hope the weather is good. Today is is cold and raining.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Oh have a wonderful weekend in Galena! Tell us all about it when you get back. I love that xmas quilt you saw! And you know what - I have that book. Now I have to go home and look it up!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

I've had that book for years - I love it! I love almost everything in it! Yet I've made nothing from it. If only we had an endless amount of time . . . I wonder if we really would get lots more done or whether we'd waste and squander it?

Patti
1chartfp@comcast.net

2:41 PM  
Anonymous giusypatch said...

Hallo Sue, I'm Giusy from Italy, I just find your website and I must to write to you.... I love your beautiful quilt! Happy birthday... my sister was born at the november 16 too! Hope to hear from you. Ciao, Giusy

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home