Monday, November 06, 2006

Home


I'm such a homebody these days, I used to love to get on the highway and go somewhere from time to time, but now I almost always find that I'm wishing I was back home. Things sure didn't turn out as I thought they would. Our family was always close, but in the last few years things have really changed. My folks moved to Florida and don't want to travel back to MI, so we don't see them too often. My oldest son and his wife are in Seattle, and my youngest son is in San Mateo, CA.
My husband and I don't like the city much, we moved out to the boonies (well, it was then, now everybody wants to live here) so that we could raise the kids in the country. Never thought they'd end up liking big city life so much. Fortunately my daughter and her husband are close, in our house in fact.
We're part of a current trend (wow, never thought that would happen!), you've probably read in the news that a lot of young people are moving back home. We offered to let them live here for a while so that our daughter can go to college and not run up a tremendous debt. Her husband was in college, too, but for now he's working full time so they'll have insurance and can build up some savings.
It works out well for me as my husband is on the road a lot, so I enjoy the company (and having someone to lift heavy stuff and kill big spiders!). I like to wake in the morning and hear people moving around in the house and it's nice to know that someone is coming home at night. I've always enjoyed my time alone, but I don't want THAT much time alone. Hopefully by the time Taiya and hubby are ready to move out my DH will have worked things out with his job so he can be home more.
Well, it looks like I need to get on the roof and paint that! Funny how you see something so often but don't really see it.
It looks a little gloomy, but actually it's a nice day. It's warmed up a bit, a good day. Hope you have a good one, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh fun pictures of home and the fall! I LOVE your kitty - its coloring is wonderful!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a son who graduated from college and moved back home too. Living by himself would be more expensive than it's worth. Where else can he get suppers cooked and his underwear washed?!
I actually like him here and he's welcome to stay as long as he wants.
He also likes to cut firewood to keep mama warm!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home