Sunday, January 21, 2007

January

This is another picture from a few days ago when there was a layer of ice on everything. It was so beautiful, it looked like a different planet. I had a hard time getting into town without going off the road because I couldn't stop noticing the effect the ice had on the different trees and bushes it landed on, it was awesome! I've been reading some blogs written by ladies living in Washington, and it's funny how different it is out there. They get a little bit of snow or ice and have to stay home for a few days. Around here it would take at least 3 feet or more to keep anybody home for one day! I'm not making fun of them, they don't have the road equipment to deal with that, probably not even the same kinds of tires on their cars, it's just funny how different things are across the country.

I don't have any quilt pics to show today, I've been working mostly on repairing my son's quilts (just about done!). I did get my postcards done for the January swap. We're supposed to be doing a set for each season, but they already decided to add Valentine's Day, so I'm guessing they may add more to the list later. They're fun to work on, they can be as simple or as detailed as we choose, pretty much anything goes. I need to use this opportunity to try some new techniques, there are so many interesting things going on with art quilts. I won't be using any wooden matches or pop bottle caps, but I may visit the hardware store and pick up some little washers and other metal do-dads.

I guess I could show you my little sewing kit that I made a while back. I made my own pattern for it, couldn't find a pattern that had everything the way I wanted it. It gave me the opportunity to use some of those cute old prints that I only had small pieces of. I love the little boy and girl on the fence, sorry I didn't get a closer pic!
That's about it, now it's time to go read some blogs!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

your sewing kit is so cute. I love the fabrics you have used.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

All we got was rain, and more rain, and more rain---and I know I shouldn't complain because what you got is such a hazard for everyone but...it is winter...and I do love snow...and ....*LOL* Your postcards are delightful, Sue, and I LOVE your sewing kit. Awesome, that you made up your own pattern! :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Oh your little sewing kit is so adorable! I love it! And those postcards are just too sweet. I'm so scared to try one!

8:04 AM  
Blogger spawnofwillow said...

That's mi madre... she makes me proud with her quilted gadgetness and creativity! :D

5:18 PM  
Blogger Deb H said...

Ice & snow pics are pretty. I wrote a paper in college about an ice storm in Michigan. It was one of the most beautiful surreal storms I ever saw. Got an A on my paper about it. We have such a mix of people up here, that whenever it snows there are ditch divers every where. I always joke that they must be from Texas.

I love your use of the novelty prints. very cute...& speaking of cute, that baby quilt top on your previous post is soooo cute!!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home