Monday, January 15, 2007

Meh.....

This is the view outside my kitchen window today, we have about 1/2 inch layer of ice on everything. At least our power stayed on, so I shouldn't be complaining. Ice like this just causes so many accidents & problems, fortunately my DH made it to Chicago fine this morning. According to the news we'll be getting more snow over the next few days, hopefully not a deluge.
Fortunately I didn't have go anywhere today, I just had a nice, boring day hanging around the house.

My oldest son sent his wedding quilt and a lap quilt that his wife made so that I could make repairs on them, so I've been doing that the last couple of days. When I made the wedding quilt I used fabric pieces that probably ranged from the 1940s-1990s. It's been about 7 years and some of the fabrics were disintegrating.
Some of the older fabrics held up real well, and I think the older prints really make the quilt, so I guess I wouldn't have done it differently. I think I have it all fixed up and I doubt they'll be able to spot the places that were repaired, so it's all good. My oldest son was the first to be married, so he got the more traditional wedding quilt. My daughter's wedding quilt is also a Double Wedding Ring, but with a blue background and batik fabrics. Not sure what I'll do for my youngest son if he ever gets married. I'd like his to be unique, too. Guess I have some time to think about that one.


I've also been working on some fabric post cards for a swap with some other quilters on-line. I'm supposed to be doing a January theme, but I'm kind of being drawn in other directions. I guess the snow on the mountains is pretty January-ish. I haven't figured out what other embellishments I want to put on this yet, I have to look at it a bit longer.

I am soooo ready for a long nap. My daughter just gave me The Illusionist to watch, and I really want to see it, but I'm about ready to fall asleep here. As far as reading, I was kind of disappointed in The Tenth Circle that I mentioned in an earlier post. Now I'm reading Walden Two Experiment, about the Twin Oaks Commune that was started back in the 60s (old book, but the community still exists). Also reading The Christmas Quilt, not sure if I'll finish this one, and it's rare for me to quit on a book once I've started. Okay, time to get off here and do some jumping jacks or something to wake myself up. Guess I could jump in the pond, bet THAT would do the trick.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home