Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentines Day


I actually got my cards done for the Valentines swap I signed up for on-line, but I didn't get to send them yet. We've been hit with bad weather yet again, more snow, winds and cooooooold. I'm so ready for spring, or at least a little bit of sun. We really need to find somewhere to live that has shorter winters, though I don't think I'll ever want to move somewhere like Florida or Arizona. I love the change of seasons, but time seems to slow down so much between January and spring.

I've been a bit busier than usual lately, my daughter and were planning a baby shower for my niece. I never actually gave a baby shower before & there was more to it than I thought there would be. I agonize too much over things like that, worry about everything going just right. I think it went well, though, everybody seemed to have a good time. I did actually get her baby quilt & wall hanging done in time, it's a miracle! Guess all this snowy weather is good for something, it keeps me home long enough to get some work done.

Here's Meggie with her wall hanging. I also made her a baby quilt, a pretty simple one, made from 4" blocks. I like to keep the baby quilts fairly simple or people don't want to actually use them.
I was amazed by the awesome things they have for babies these days, much nicer than the stuff they had when my kids were babies. Even the baby tub is greatly improved. Makes me wonder how much things will change by the time another 20 years passes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Your valentines are wonderful! And we are getting snow here in IL also! The kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

8:22 PM  
Blogger mereth said...

I was in a shop today and exploded to someone "That's it!! I want it to be Autumn, NOW!" We've had stinking weather here in South Aussie and reading about your winter conditions seems unreal.
Love the pink hearts, very cute.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home