Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ok people!






Whoever was wishing for lots of snow, cut it out!


I don't even know how much we've had over the last week, but it's definitely enough. One day last week we got at least 12 inches and I had to go out twice to plow the driveway. I hate spending more time plowing than I spend sewing. It is beautiful, but it sure is hard on everybody and has caused some deaths. Our high today was 5 degrees, just a bit chilly. It was hard to find a time that I could take a pic, the winds keep kicking up and causing white-outs.



I did get some quilting done, I've made a bit of progress on the Amish Ocean Wave. I saw a quilt like this at the Mennonite Relief auction a couple of years ago and decided I had to make one. This takes some time, maybe because I take so much time trying to decide how to set the pieces for each block. I need someone to come in and just lay them out quickly so I don't spend so much time on it. I wish I could afford to have some Amish or Mennonites quilt it for me, the quilts at the Mennonite auction had the tiniest little stitches, they do a great job.
I finished the baby quilt just in time. My daughter and I are having a baby shower for my niece, Megan, next week. I haven't been to one in many years, so I hope we're able to make it a fun day for her. I can't wait to meet her daughter, Mikaylah Alice, in a couple of months.
I also wanted to say that I really appreciate the comments that are left, even if I don't respond to every one. I don't always know what to say in reply, guess I've been a hermit too long! When I first heard about blogs I thought it sounded like a silly idea, but I could probably spend the whole day reading blogs now (mostly quilt related blogs, of course!). I learn a lot, and am really inspired by your words, your ideas, your artwork. So thank you for blogging!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh your amish ocean waves is looking WONDERFUL! I just love it!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Jane Ann said...

Sue, yours is a blog I particularly enjoy reading, and I'm always glad to see you have a new post. You always have something interesting to say and see, and your work is a amazing.

I'm blown away by your Amish Ocean Waves. I made this block for a sampler I'm working on, and it is extremely labor intensive. (Are you paper-piecing it?) It made we wonder if I wanted to make a whole quilt out of it. But in your Amish colors (tell us what fabrics you're using), it's stunning, and you're causing me to reconsider.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Jane Ann, Thank you! I don't have any way to reply to your comment other than this, so I hope you come back to read this. I started this using vintage cottons I've been collecting for a while, but have had to buy some new cottons since I didn't have enough of some colors. One of my favorite fabric stores in Amish country(Shipshewana, Indiana) carries a nice range of colors that look and feel very similar to the vintage cottons. I'm not paper piecing, I'm making half square triangles. This one will take a while, I guess I'll have plenty of time to figure out how I'm going to quilt it!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home