Monday, March 26, 2007

Quilts & more quilts

To make up for the lack of quilts in my last blog, today I'm giving you lots of beautiful quilts. I've been back to Shipshewana, one of my favorite places to spend a relaxing day. The pic on the right was taken at Lolly's, that wall of quilts just knocks me out.
The weather has taken such a wonderful turn, yesterday the temps got to around 80! Some crocus and daffodills popped up, and the birds are singing like crazy. It's heaven after that long winter.

This pic is from Rebecca Haarer Arts & Antiques. They have so many wonderful things in this store, I could spend the whole day there. I believe the quilts are mostly Amish & Mennonite made, most are vintage, and the quilting is amazing. They have a cupboard full of vintage quilt blocks that I lust over, and so many other great things I won't even try to list, you'll just have to get there someday and see for yourself.


This quilt is on the wall outside Lolly's Fabrics. I love the colors they used, the white really shows off the applique wonderfully. I actually resisted buying the pattern, I still haven't started the Christmas quilt that they had hanging up there over the holidays. I'm trying not to start anything new until I finish up some UFOs.




I'm trying not to buy much fabric either, until I use up more of what I have (hmmm...not sure how that will work when I'm not starting anything new!). I really need to dig in to my stash and get rid of some of the older stuff I'm probably never going to use. So far I haven't been able to bring myself to part with much of it.

I did get these postcards done for an on-line swap, didn't use up much fabric, but I actually got them finished before Easter! I wanted to try out my new wool punching tool thingy on the wool card, but I think the wool I chose was too thick. The heart was starting to stick, but the bunny was just getting shredded, so I ended up starting over & doing a blanket stitch around the edges.

Time to get back to work on those UFOs, hope you all have a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Oh those quilts are beautiful! And the applique one you showed in the shop is so pretty - but I hate applique'ing leaves.... Darn but I love it!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home