Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Time flies when you're having fun!

It really does. In the last month we've had both of our sons and our DIL visit home from California and it definitely seemed like time was moving along faster than usual. This is Alex goofing off with his sister at South Haven, MI. He was only here for 4 days, but he left behind some plague from in California, leaving his sister and I still hacking and coughing days later.


Both of the boys wanted to visit Lake Michigan while they were home, and both had to go to Coney Island in Kalamazoo, a family tradition dating back to my childhood when my grandpa used to take our family there. Funny how most of our family traditions have something to do with food!

I was talking to my Alex about how his older brother was getting quilting lessons from me and teased him that he'd have to take some lessons, too, and he actually said he wouldn't mind learning to quilt. Be still my heart!

I found a new quilt store in South Haven, and it is SO great. The lady who owns it has wonderful taste and likes to stock entire lines of fabrics. It's one of those stores hate to leave, there's so much to see and it all looks so great! I left with some Susan Branch fabrics (Martha's Vineyard Watercolor) and some Christmas prints for the Christmas quilt that I've been wanting to make.


I haven't had much time for quilting, but did manage to help a friend make this rag quilt for her mom's birthday present. It's a lap size, so it didn't take too long with two of us working on it. It's made with April Cornell's Sunshine fabrics.

Other than that I've been trying to work on UFOs, and spent a bit of time trying to get my sewing room cleaned up and more organized. I have a long way to go, I really need to get rid of some clutter in there.

I haven't had much time to read anyone else's blogs lately, so I guess right now would be a good time to get caught up!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb H said...

Oooo, I'll have to check out the fabric shop next time I'm in Michigan. I may be in Grand Haven & Muskegon next Sept. to teach for PALS & THe Lighthouse Guilds.

Hobbes is so cute!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home