Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September

I am so glad fall is here, I hope it hangs around a while. I've just started to see the tiniest bit of change in the color of the trees, and the feel of autumn is definitely in the air. Today was the most beautiful day, hopefully tomorrow will be more of the same.

Isn't this horse cool? It's sitting in front of a local horse farm. I'm curious how long it will last once the winter arrives.

I haven't had my computer for a while, for some reason one of the hinges on my lap top broke, and I'd been having some other issues (freezing up at times &c.) so I sent it back to HP. It got back a few days ago with a lot of new parts, apparently they found more things wrong than I had known about. Geez, the thing is less than a year old and it just sits on my bed. Glad I got the exta warranty on it. I think I've got it all set up as it was again, man is that a pain.


I've been working on genealogy again, and have managed to do some quilting, too. It's hard for me to work on both at the same time, but I really enjoy both. I'll probably get more done once winter arrives, I tend to stay home when the roads get bad.

I'm still trying to get UFOs out of the way, but it's slow going. I've been doing some handquilting on this quilt, but trying to take it slow as I have shoulder problems.


As far as genealogy, I'm working on my son-in-law's (and future grandbaby's) family. I found where his family came from in Ireland; County Antrim. My daughter has wanted to visit Ireland for a long time, so now if they ever get a chance to go they have a destination. I love genealogy, but I always want to know more. I wonder why they came over from their mother country, was there family left behind?, did things go at all like they planned once they got here? So many questions that will never be answered.


This is our newest kitten, Hobbes. He has the mustache that looks Hitler-ish, so my daughter was trying to catch him with his paw up for a while, he looks like a little devil but is really very sweet (I'll have some better pics of his cuteness at a later date). The other two kittens have grown a bit and are now outdoors to keep the mouse population down on the farm. They love it out there, they were really rowdy in the house, but now that they can run free they've settled down a lot. This is the kitten my husband picked out, he was supposed to join the others, but he doesn't seem suited to the outdoors to me, I don't think he'd last long so we're keeping him in. In return for this favor he filled the house up with fleas for us. We've been fighting them for the last couple of weeks and I think we're making some headway. Man, I hate those things.

This should be a good month, I hope to go to the Mennonite Quilt Auction in Goshen, Indiana & a quilt show in Kalamazoo. I'm also getting a new car, which is a rarity for me. I'll take some pics when I get the car in a week or so. And, the best news, my husband is getting a job close to home!! His current job has him out of state pretty much M-F of every week, now he'll only be about 20 miles away and should be home by 4pm almost every night. It will be WEIRD! It seems like our lives have been on hold, no time to do anything because the weekends are so full trying to fix everything that goes wrong around here and run errands, it will be great to have him home.
The boat pic is from South Haven, we went there for the arts and crafts fair on Labor Day weekend. The bridge was going up just as we got there, so we were able to take a few minutes to enjoy the view. The show was nothing special, some years they have a few new and unique booths, but not this year.
I haven't been able to check out everyone's blogs nearly as often as I usually do. Hopefully I'll carve out some time to look at them and find out how you all are doing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Koch said...

Love the courthouse steps quilt. The black really makes the colors pop. Do you have a whole-quilt picture of it?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Genealogy and quilting compete for my attention too. I too wind up with more questions every time I get an answer. One of the kids at my daughter's school did a genealogy project - visited Ireland even - for a senior project. He said he was done. There was no more to learn. That's how I knew it was mostly a parent's project that he just attached his name to.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home