Sunday, October 14, 2007

Good News & etc.




I would like to introduce you to my grandbaby, not the best pic since she's still in the womb & only weighs a bit over one pound, but there she is! We found out during this ultrasound that she's a girl, yea! Nothing against boys, but I was really hoping for a girl. This will be my first grandbaby so it's doubly exciting, it's kind of strange to anticipate the arrival of a person who's going to be so important in your life. I've had three children, but when I was pregnant I was in the middle of it all, this is a whole different thing. She's going to be born about February 10, that will break up the ucky season very nicely.



We're still not getting much color on the trees, it's weird. Some years the maple in our front yard is so bright that it lights up the inside of the house, this year everything is yucky, most of what's turning is just turning brown. What a drag, I so look forward to fall. I keep holding out hope that we'll still get some colors yet, but it's not looking promising.



In between calling Nextel I've actually been making some good progress on my Courthouse Steps quilt. I didn't plan to do that much hand quilting around the border, but it didn't look right when I just had quilting around the flowers. My shoulder is not happy, but I love the look of this. I bought gold fabric for the border. I'm more than 3/4 done with the border quilting so hopefully I'll have it done within the week. Then I can start quilting...........





....the first quilt for my new grandbaby! I'm sure I'll be making a pink one, too, but Taiya likes the neutral baby colors and this fabric was just too adorable to pass up. I made the pattern really simple on purpose so that the design wouldn't draw away from the fabrics, the designs are just too cute. It took me a couple of months just to figure out how to put it together. I knew if I just looked at the fabric once and a while eventually I'd figure it out.

This fabric is Grounded in Love by J. Wecker-Frisch (Licensed to SSI) in case anyone wants to know.

6 Comments:

Blogger tami said...

Congratulations new grammy. :D
Beautiful quilts.

4:28 PM  
Blogger taiyaleigh said...

*YAY!* Baby blog! :D Now I just need Matt to give me the pictures so I can put up a blog with my baby in it. :) We are still no closer to names, though. :( I guess she'll just be babywhatshername... ;D

6:55 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

wow are ultrasound pics way better than when I was pregnant! And yes, the quilting around the flowers is perfect! It needed that! It is awesome!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Gilli said...

Congratulations! I became a grandma for the first time in August. Also a baby girl. However as I live 1000 miles away, haven't seen her since she was born. Thinking of moving back to Wisconsin to be nearer to her. What a great feeling, becomming a grandma!!! Enjoy every minute of it.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Jane Ann said...

It is a joy like no other. I adore my baby grandson, but first grandchild is a girl and there is an ironclad bond between us. Now, start smocking....

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Congratulations on the new granddaughter pictures. It's so amazing how technology has changed. The baby quilt is wonderful for a boy or girl.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home