Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Valentine's baby!

I'd like to introduce Ryla Joy, my new grandbaby! She's my first grandchild, so you can imagine that I'm a bit excited. She was born on Valentine's Day and weighed in at 7 lb. 10 ounces. I have to give my daughter a lot of credit in bringing her into the world, as she was a bit of work. She wasn't in a hurry to be born, so a few hours after my daughter's water broke they were going to induce labor, but then baby decided to go ahead and get serious about being born. They weren't able to do an epideral as my daughter had epideral abcesses when she was 19, fortunately they figured that out just as they were getting ready to do the procedure. My daughter pushed so hard that she burst blood vessels in both eyes so she will be looking a little scary for the next month or so. Mama, Daddy & baby are all doing great.
I'll post more another day, but I'm just recovering from the nasty flu that's going around so I'm going to wait until I feel better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Congratulations! My first grandbaby, a boy, was born last April and I can't tell you how much fun it has been. You are in for some wonderful times.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Oh she is precious! What a wonderful valentines day gift!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

By the way, I am tagging you so read about it on my blog.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home