Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It was a dark and snowy night......

We're really getting the snow this year, and are supposed to get another 2-3 inches tonight. Considering the killer storms in the south, I can't complain too much about the snow. I don't mind so much if I don't have to drive in it, but my daughter asked if I'd go to town with her for her doctor's visit today. She's about a week from her due date, and I really didn't like the idea of her driving the 40 miles into town by herself in this weather. The roads were pretty nasty, it didn't look as if the road crews were doing much, even on the main roads that they usually keep clean. The doctor says the baby won't be coming tonight anyway, which is kind of a relief. Our SIL is very sick with the flu that's going around, and it would have been a bummer if the baby was born and he couldn't be in the room because of his illness. He's so excited about the baby that he'd be very upset if he couldn't hold her right away.

I probably mentioned that the baby is a girl, her name will be Ryla Joy. Her father thought up the name Ryla, and Joy was the middle name of his younger sister who died about a year ago. My daughter's name is Taiya and she wanted her daughter's name to be unique, too. I like it, I think Ryla sounds a bit mystical, like something from a fairy tale (and I LOVE fairy tales). I can't wait to meet her!



I did get another project done, but I don't have a pic of it yet. It's another baby quilt, not really a quilt technically. My daughter and I got a nice length of green Minkee in Shipshewana, Indiana at Lolly's Quilt Store and I used the leftovers from the green baby quilt I made for the baby (shown in my Dec. 2 blog). It was very simple, for the back I just used strips a few inches wide, and then tied the Minkee and the back together. It's so soft and cuddly, I really want to get myself a piece of it next time we go to Shipshy and make myself a soft lap quilt.

I finally spent some time in my quilt room getting things straightened up, not quite clean enough to take pictures yet. I can't believe how quickly that room got all got filled up, I'm really trying to finish up projects and use up fabric, but it sure goes slow. I thought the Christmas quilt top that I showed in my last blog entry would use up a lot of my Christmas fabric pieces, but you can't even tell I used any!

I'm really trying not to buy a lot of fabric right now, but it's tough with this dreary weather. It makes visiting quilt shops and sorting through the lovely, bright fabrics even more enjoyable than usual. Hopefully I'll have some cheerier pics for you next time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Like you I am buried in snow in NH. In the last 12 days it has snowed 9 of them and we are getting more tonight and tomorrow. Last winter we hardly had any. But we sure have nice summers here. I don't think I could take southern heat. Thanks for visiting my blog.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home