Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ahhhhhhh, spring!

So glad it's finally here, it seemed like a longer than usual winter. We haven't had too many nice days so far, so we're really appreciating the ones we DO get. We've had a lot of rain, lucky for us we're on high ground & don't get wet, but our pond is getting deep.




I've been pretty busy with my new grandbaby, she's 2 months old now. She and her parents are living with us while they look for a house to buy, so I get lots of "grandma time". Once they move I won't have this kind of time with Ryla, so I'm enjoying it now. Hopefully they'll find a place fairly close, I think I'll be an easy touch for babysitting. She's such a sweet baby & is growing so fast. She really responds to us more now, with big smiles and coos.



I have been working on some things, but have also spent some time trying to clean up & organize my sewing room. Sadly, it seems like more of a mess than when I started.

I went to a thrift store recently on $1 day & got a few items of clothing to make into bags. Actually I got a cart full of items & drove my poor hubby crazy since he wanted to get home & get some work done (he ALWAYS wants to get home & get some work done so I don't feel bad about lollygagging from time to time). This one was a little embroidered skirt that I made into a bag for my daughter. She was carrying an old one I made her that was falling apart, it was embarrassing! So this one is a great improvement, I was happy with how it turned out.

The other project that's taken quite a bit of time is this quilt (below), it's made with batik fabrics which I love. I've had the top done for a while but finally got around to quilting it. I'm hand quilting this, so it's taken quite a bit of time. It's not completely done yet, but I've only got two borders to go and I didn't want to wait to take a pic, sunny days are rare around here lately. I should have this done in a couple of days, it will be great to get another project completed, I have way too many UFOs. I need to either get some things finished up or clear some old projects out of here.
My daughter was asking why I made this particular quilt, but I can't even remember, it's been so long. I think I just saw a picture in a magazine & liked how it looked.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

I am lovin' that purse! I also love it when someone repurposes an item into a fabulous usable item. You go girl!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home