Thursday, May 08, 2008

Life is Good


Have you tried the new Photoshop on-line? It's pretty cool, I made up the sketch above from a picture of my grand-daughter. I think the sketch option would look great with quilt pics, but I haven't had time to test the theory yet. I like it when they keep things fairly simple, I guess it's because I'M fairly simple, ha!
I finished up the quilt I showed in my last post. Man, it feels good to finish something. Now I'm trying to figure out which UFO comes next. I also made up a bunch of jewelry to put on Etsy, if I ever get around to actually figuring out how to list there. I need to get my daughter to take the jewelry pictures with her camera, because as you can see, my camera doesn't do close-ups.

I hope Etsy is pretty much like eBay because I know how to do that. I used to make & sell jewelry back in high school, it was fun playing around with it again, I have made some things for myself or my kids from time to time, but not as often as I'd like. I'm going to try some different things on Etsy to see what goes and what I like making.

Speaking of eBay, if you're a crochet person I found a big box of crochet patterns today, old & older, and am listing them. I just listed a bunch of amazing doll dress patterns, frankly I was amazed to see that people actually make creations like this, they're so intricate. My eBay name is cheshire3 if you'd like to check out my auctions, or try this link to get to one & you can go from there. I hope to keep listing over the next few days & get some of the older patterns on there soon.

We're having a pretty great spring, other than the fact that I have bad allergies I'm really loving it. I can't even complain about the rainy days as they're making everything such a lovely green & the flowering trees are awesome this year. Strangely, it almost doesn't seem real to me, I keep waiting to wake up and realize it's still February or something. I guess that long winter really got to me.....

I need to carry my camera with me for a few days and get some good pictures of the pretty trees around, ours are quite old & worn out. We had a beautiful miniature plum tree in the back yard, but it started to break apart last fall so we had to cut it down. We were pretty bummed, it flowered so beautifully in the spring & provided a lot of shade for the back yard. We're trying to figure out what flowering tree to plant to replace it.
In the good/bad news category, it looks like my daughter & her husband have found a house! It's a nice old house so it will be a lot of fun helping her decorate it. And what luck, it's garage sale season! On one hand I think I'll enjoy more quiet around here, but I'll also miss them. I like spending time with my daughter & it's fun to wake up and have a sweet baby girl here to give me smiles. Luckily, they're not going to be too far away, so I think things will work out well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taiya said...

i've changed my blog to here... just FYI, Madre!

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home