Saturday, June 21, 2008

Another June day

June seems to be passing too quickly, but it's been a nice one. We've had mostly cool temps and have been pretty fortunate considering what's going on in other parts of the country. My daylilies are just starting to bloom. I pretty much missed the peonies, the rain really beat them down, so they didn't do so well this year.

I haven't had much quilt content lately, I have been doing some work, but nothing to show really. I put a binding on an old, tattered quilt that my MIL gave me. It's too worn to use, but it's still pretty. I wish we could use it, it's so soft after all those years of use & washings.
I've also been cleaning up my sewing room, it's getting too cluttered up & it's hard for me to work in extreme clutter, it bugs me.


Anyway, since I don't have anything new to show, here's a pic of a mini quilt I made a few years ago. It's made from vintage fabrics, I think the pattern was from one of the miniature quilts magazines, but it's been a long time. I need to dip into my vintage fabric stash more, I hate to use it for some reason, but there's no sense in having the fabrics just sitting there.


I also want to show you something that just arrived in the mail today. It's a car litter bag that I bought on Etsy from Allyson. There are several people that sell the bags there, but I checked them out & Allyson's looked the best to me. It's made so you can use little baggies inside (either the ones the pet stores sell for dog-doody pick-up or the ones they have in the baby department for diaper disposal) & then just pull them out when the bag is full, excellent idea! She was even nice enough to make a custom order for me from some of my favorite batik fabric. Right now she's waiting for some more canvas before she can make more bags, hopefully she'll have more ready soon.

I guess I'll keep this short today, I should get out & enjoy this nice day while it lasts!







2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hi, your sunbonnet quilt is a Little Quilts pattern. The vintage fabrics are so cute in it!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Love the sunbonnet quilt. I am also, cleaning my sewing room today. I don't know how it gets so out of order...hehehehehe. Frankly, I think the Fabric Nomes mess it up overnight.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home