Sunday, June 15, 2008

June


I love June, except for the allergies. I'm pretty much allergic to spring, but it's still my favorite season. I love the green, the flowers, the colors, the smells in the air. This has been a crazy one so far, we've had chillier than usual weather (we just shut down the woodstove about 10 days ago), a deluge of rain & winds that caused many people to be without power for a few days, and recently a few very hot days. Now we've settled into 70s-80s and hopefully milder weather. There's been a lot of flooding in Michigan, but thankfully not to the extent of what they're having in Iowa. We're fortunate to live on high ground, pretty much the only thing we have to really worry about are tornados & the chances of getting hit directly are probably slim. Though we did have a major one go through Kalamazoo in 1980 and it didn't miss my folks house by too much.

Kira is growing like a weed, it was hard to get a picture of her as she just wanted to charge the camera, she hadn't seen me yet today. She's a sweet natured little girl, but not the smartest dog we've ever had. Hopefully she'll get better as she gets older. I wanted to show you her pretty eyes, but she's definitely not sitting still that long, I'll have to wear her out first. I love her coat, I'm really hoping it stays long and doesn't lighten up too much. I've been trying to do some obedience training with her, just basic walk & sit for now, but I've been having problems with my shoulders & ankles. I HATE this part of getting older, I've been shuffling around because of tendonitis in my ankles & I tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder last week. I was fortunate, it was a small tear, but it hurt like a SOB! It's feeling a lot better now, but I'm definitely babying it, and I'm going to be googling exercises for my ankles, hopefully I can find a way to deal with the tendonitis.


This sweet little kitty is Winston, he's my daughter's new kitten. Someone dumped him off on a very busy road in front of my in-law's house. They asked if we would take him, which of course we would, but sometimes our cats will run off new cats, so I couldn't promise them that he'd stay around. Lucky Winston (my SIL named him after a character from Pulp Fiction), he arrived just when my daughter & SIL were moving into their new house, so they adopted him. He's so calm and sweet, he doesn't get upset when the baby cries (like our Hobbes, who dashes about the house jumping all over the furniture like a maniac) and he'll jump up & sit on the boppy next to the baby's head & have a nap while she's nursing. He's very happy to have a home & hopefully he'll be a good mouser. Taiya & Matt have been moving into their first home for the last few days (they've been living with us for about 2 years), it's going to be weird not having anyone else in the house except my husband & I (and Hobbes, of course).
My daughter's new house is only about 10 miles or so away & she's always glad to have help with the baby, especially while she's trying to organize her new house. I really like the house, it's an older home like ours, has nice woodwork, great lighting, lots of room, a good sized yard, and a great front porch. It needs some work, but considering how much a house costs these days I think they did very well.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my sewing room, I have so many projects that I want to work on. That may be a while yet, right now I need to go do some grandbaby-sitting so her mama can empty out a few more boxes.

Hope you're all having a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

Your spring in Michigan sounds like our spring in Montana!

Little Winston is so cute! He will grow up with your grandbaby. I bet they will be good friends.

2:59 PM  
Blogger CherryBlossomMJ said...

So cute! So cute so cute so cute!!!

I miss my niece Jasmine Blossom. My sister moved to Scotland and took her Siberian Huskey with her. *sigh*

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home