Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finishing up


I finally completed a big project I've been working on for a while! That would be a big quilt for my own bed. I call this a utility quilt since it's not made to be pretty, just a good useful quilt that will hopefully hold up well. That's not to say it wasn't a lot of work, I did the blocks individually from my batik stash & machine quilted each one with various quilting designs so they're not all the same. It's fun & helps me to practice my machine quilting (which I need a lot of practice with!).



I don't know the measurements, but it's pretty big, our bed is king sized so it needs to be. I put it together a quarter at a time & then washed the quarters before I put it together so it would be softened up a bit. Next time it needs washing it will have to go to the laundromat to one of the triple sized washers!



This kokopelli quilt is the next project I'm trying to finish up. The colors aren't really right in the picture, it's brighter & the batik background is more gold, much prettier than the dull brown in the pic. I don't really like bright colors most of the time, but it was for someone who likes kokopelli figures, so I went with this line. I wasn't too excited about how it turned out, but the lady at the store where I bought the backing sure went crazy over it. This was supposed to be a present for someone, so it's a good thing he didn't know about it or he'd be wondering what happened. Hopefully it will be done by Christmas. If I keep up with it & don't have too many shoulder problems I should be able to get it done in plenty of time. I'll show more pics when I get further along on the quilting.

It's a great year for flowers, people's gardens are really looking nice. I would have some beautiful pics to show you if I could get my husband to stop the car! Unfortunately he doesn't like to take 2 hours to get where he's going so I can stop and take pictures all the time. I won't compain too loudly as long as he stops at garage sales once in a while......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home