Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Old & new

I recieved a really nice surprise from my neighbor, Jodi, last week, the vintage quilt and bedcover in the photo to the left. The quilt is a four-patch and is a tied quilt, very cute and only in need of minor repairs. The other isn't really a quilt, but is two old pieces of fabric put together for a light coverlet, but the fabric is soooo cute! One side is a nice old floral print & the other is the little bears, just adorable. Jodi's a sweetheart, she's given me old quilts before because she knows how much I love them.














Curious George was a garage sale find, he cost me a whole quarter. He was filthy but I couldn't resist him & he cleaned up really nice! I love Curious George, my daughter had a George doll that she carried everywhere when she was little. He was her one special friend, so if he got left somewhere there was no doubt that we would be driving back there before bedtime to retrieve him! She loved reading the books, too, so I bought the complete collection book for my grandbaby Ryla & she already reads them to her. My folks & Taiya and I are voracious readers so we really hope that Ryla will be, too.



I also found a nice twin-sized chenille bedspread, the pic shows a small part of it, the bigger pics I took didn't turn out right. It doesn't photograph well, but it's really pretty. I bought it with the thought of putting it on eBay, but it's too cute, so I'll probably keep it to give to my grandbaby when she's big enough for a twin bed.









I got a full picture of the kokopelli quilt, though the colors still aren't right. I need to get a new camera, one that will also take close-ups.
Now that I got the kokopelli quilt done, I've started hand quilting on the Christmas quilt. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done before Christmas this year.

Eventually I want to make two more Christmas quilts so there will be one to pass on to each of the kids. I have a few projects that I want to make for Christmas presents, so I'm not sure how much I'll get done.

I'll get a lot more done when we get closer to winter & I'm stuck in the house because of yucky weather, but I'm definitely not complaining about the beautiful weather we've been having. Lately most days the temps have been around 70-80 degrees & the nights around 50, so nice. I hope the good weather keeps up for the fall season, I love a nice long fall. The trees are just starting to change and show a tiny bit of color, hopefully we'll have a very colorful fall this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home