Friday, November 28, 2008

I might possibly be back!

Did you notice how my confidence is faltering a bit concerning my lap top? I got it back today & it's working pretty well except for the CD/DVD drive, which doesn't want to read some of my CDs so I'm not able to install all my programs. I'm impressed with how HP is handling it though, I guess I got through to somebody because they gave me my own personal case worker who I called right away about the faulty drive & she immediately ordered me a new CD/DVD drive. In the meantime, everything else is working great so far, but my entire family and some friends are still telling me, "Get a Mac!". I am convinced of their worth, since my DH, daughter & son each have one and there have only been a couple of minor issues, whereas I think just about every part of my computer except the start button has been replaced twice. But I'm still stuck on the bigger laptop & can't afford the Mac in the size I'd like. Maybe someday.


This sweet deer was right in our backyard last weekend, and stayed there eating apples for about a half hour. We see them on the property, but rarely this close to the house. I'm sure the hunters scared it out of the woods. I don't have anything against hunting, I understand the necessity of keeping down the deer population, but we've had problems with hunters coming on our property without permission & coming way too close to the house, so we don't allow hunting on our property anymore. We only have about 5-7 acres of woods & swamp, and there are plenty of woods to hunt around here, so we figure it gives the deer a nice place to hide for a bit.

I've actually done quite a bit of sewing & quilting since I last blogged, but most of the projects are Christmas presents so I can't show too much. This is some fabric (the line is Follow Your Heart by Kathy Schmitz) that I hope to make a project from, I just love it, so unique. I believe I'm safe showing a bit of this project, I think it will go to one of my sons & I'm pretty sure they don't know about my blog. The pattern (table topper/wall hanging) is from Quilting for Christmas 2003 by The Quilter Magazine. Hopefully I'll get this done before THIS Christmas. I'm trying to make a lot of presents this year, I always have that plan, but I never get as much done as I'd like. My sons both have their own apartments now and my daughter & her husband moved into their own house a few months ago so everyone is in need of some crafty type things to decorate up their spaces (whether they know it or not!).
Next time I'll show you the wonderful birthday present I got this year, it's too dark to get a good picture tonight.
Now that I have my favorite blogs list back I need to go catch up on what's going on with everyone. Hopefully I'll still have a working computer in the morning!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathie said...

love when you can look out your window and see a deer. great picture.
Love the new quilt your quilting, the fabrics are beautiful...
can't wait to see the whole quilt done!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home