Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Not quite ready....

But I'm getting close. I asked my daughter not to look at my blog until after Christmas so I could post pics of some of her presents. She's getting into embroidery so I thought she'd like this redwork project. It's from American Patchwork and Quilting Dec. 1999. I changed the border, I wanted to use my Mary Engelbreit fabrics and I thought this would work out better.


The dishtowels patterns are from some old transfers I've had for years. I have a bunch of them & need to start using more of them. These are also for my daughter, she has an old house & wants her kitchen to have a vintage theme, these will work perfectly. She was smart to decide to use the color red in her kitchen, there are so many vintage kitchen items with red. I want to change my kitchen color to blue & it's a lot harder to find old things in blue. That kind of surprised me, for some reason I was thinking that blue would be a popular kitchen color. I have found a few things & of course I can make some things to match, but since I have a lot of little kitchen items that are red, green and yellow, I guess it will be kind of a mixed-up kitchen.

I made a couple of these pillows this year, I love A Christmas Carol & watch at least a couple of versions of the movie every year. It's from an Nancy Halvorsen's Art To Heart booklet called Santa's Coming. I love her patterns, but I would have been pretty bummed out if I hadn't caught the error in the spelling of Dickens (they spelled it Dickins). I'm surprised someone didn't catch that somewhere along the line. The patterns in her booklets are great, though, I hope to make more of them for presents next year.


We have really been having the weather. Last week we got about a foot of snow, it was just beautiful. Yesterday we got sleet & freezing rain, making for some dangerous driving. Today everything was melting, so it's a slushy mess around here. I really need to get out tomorrow & do some Christmas shopping so I hope the weather cooperates. C'mon Mother Nature, I need to do my part to support our fragile economy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Betweens said...

Sue your redwork is wonderful your Daughter will treasure them. I love the fabrics you picked to go with it. Your winter view is devine!! sure wish we had a little winter come our way.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home