Saturday, December 27, 2008

Strange days.

This picture was from a few days ago, we got a LOT of snow, then we got some freezing rain, and today it was 62 degrees! Usually I would rather enjoy a warm day in the middle of winter, but it really made a mess. Flood warnings, water across the roads, lots of mist and fog, and of course MUD. Tonight it will get cold again and then the roads will be really icy. Michigan is low on funds and claim they can't take care of the roads this year so we've been doing a lot of slipping around on the roads. With gas being as cheap as it is, it seems like they'd be doing okay, but I guess things don't work that way.

I hope you all had a great Christmas! Ours was fun, it was our first Christmas with our grandbaby. It's so fun to watch her experience new things, just about every day she's doing something new. She brings back a lot of memories of my own kids when they were growing up. I still get kind of bummed out this time of year since our two sons are in California & can never come home for Christmas, due to their jobs & school. Someday I'd like to have everybody home together again at Christmas.

If you haven't seen Quilt Qua, check it out when you get a chance. It has a huge list of quilting blogs, there's more to it than that, but I love a big list of quilting blogs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home