Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bunny Hill cuteness & some help please?

Isn't this a cute design? It's a free block of the month mystery quilt pattern from the Bunny Hill Designs blog, Bunny Tales. Just scroll down on their blog page to see some of the examples that different quilters have made and get the information and patterns on the sidebar. I really like the one made from wool, I may have to do two of these. I wonder if I'll be lucky enough to find a heart bead in my bead stash? Perfect timing on this, too. We're getting socked in with snow (and my daughter & grandbaby are in Florida *sniff*) so I have plenty of time to work on projects. It's supposed to get really cold, too. I hope the power stays on this time.





I need some advice on a project I'm working on. It's one of those UFOs I've had around for a while. My New Year's resolution is to work through the majority of them this year. I've realized that a lot of them end up in the UFO pile because I hit a snag & can't decide how I want to finish them. That was the problem with this one. I want to do some applique on this, something along the lines of what they did in the quilt below. That's from Fabric Trends for Quilters magazine, Winter 2009. Isn't that beautiful? I'd like to make one from batiks, too.

Anyway, the problem is color. I can't figure out what colors to use for the applique that will work with the blues & neutrals. I don't like loud colors, but I tend to be too timid with color sometimes. Usually if I think on it a while some inspiration comes to me, but I'm at a loss with this one. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.


2 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

Why not try some purple/blue pansie type colors? There are several purple/blue batiks out there. I think you'll want to keep in the off-white, dusty color scheme. Then pick a green in the color wheel that complements the purple/blues.

Good luck.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I think I would even use some of the same blue fabrics that you have in the quilt top. Isn't that what they did in the pink/rose quilt in the picture? Green for the stems and leaves in a complementary color would be fine too. Should be very pretty when its done!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home