Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monkey Business

After seeing the cute little sock critters on this blog I wanted to try making some, and eventually make one of the traditional sock monkeys for my grandbaby. I like to get some practice in on a new craft so I can get any mistakes over with. I didn't have any problems with Jinx though. He
was named while we were watching Die Another Day, I thought that was an excellent name for a monkey anyway. I need to find some more colorful socks, but I was impatient to get started & these were all I could find on short notice. I will definitely make more of these little guys for presents for new babies, I think they'll be a big hit.

I'm still working on finishing up projects, a few at a time so I don't get too bored. I'm hand quilting this blue and white quilt that was a $5 block of the month at our LQS. I didn't realize how many years I've been going to those until I checked out my pile of UFOs. I'm loving this fabric, it's so nice to quilt through.

It's getting late so I guess I'll try to add more to this entry tomorrow....

1 Comments:

Blogger mereth said...

I love blue and white and I look forward to seeing your top finished. I haven't done any hand quilting for so long, I miss it.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home