Friday, March 13, 2009

Projects


Wow, how's that for an unimaginative title? I'm just drawing a blank tonight so just decided to be lame & go with that so I can get on with the blog! I've finished my March block of the A Tisket, A Tasket quilt from Bunny Hill Designs. I love the little bunny, so cute. I am almost tempted to make another set in wool as I've seen some cute ones, but I'd better use that energy to continue to finish up UFOs. I haven't worked on the blue and white quilt for at least a week and I'm getting so close to finishing it.


I also finished up the block of the month for A Christmas Wish by Gail Pan. I love these sweet little blocks, it's nice to be doing some embroidery again. I used to do a lot of embroidery and cross-stitch before I really got into quilting. Fortunately embroidery and quilting go together like peanut butter and chocolate, so it's all good.

My husband was doing some training in Chicago all week so I thought I was going to get a lot of work done on my projects. I have no idea where the week went (well, there was that trip to Shipshy), I did get some things done, but not anywhere near as much as I planned. I can account for yesterday as I babysat my grand-daughter so my daughter & her husband could go to a concert. She's walking much better now so she keeps me moving. I love watching her toddle around, but on the other hand it kind of makes me sad that's she's getting so big.



I started on a new quilt for the aforementioned grandbaby. I've been thinking about it since I made her first baby quilt. I wanted to get started on a bigger quilt for her and had a traditional pattern in pink and white in my mind, even gathered the fabrics & got one block done, but somehow it didn't seem right, so I've been waiting for inspiration, I knew it would come along eventually.


This is not at all what I was thinking I would make for her, but you have to go where the muse takes you, right? When I saw these fabrics in the Charisma line by Moda, it just clicked that this was the right thing for Ryla's quilt. This is just the blocks up on the design wall, so I have a long way to go yet. These blocks will be the center of the quilt, I haven't figured out the rest of it yet. I guess the quilting design isn't going to matter much on this one, as you won't even be able to see it. Fortunately I have a lot of time to figure this one out, she's not growing THAT fast!

2 Comments:

Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

What pretty projects especially the baby quilt.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Taiya said...

It seems like she is growing that fast for me, I have to tell you!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home