Monday, March 02, 2009

Sunshine

We have a little sunshine! It's still really cold, but a bit of sun helps a lot. We were lucky, the big storms went south and east of us this time. I really wouldn't want to live somewhere without winter, but this time of year is tough, I get pretty depressed when I go too long without sunshine. It would be great to be able to visit our boys in California every spring, or my folks in Florida, (or just go to Hawaii!!) but unfortunately the budget isn't covering that. When spring finally gets here it's all worth it, all the beautiful flowers start blooming and the air smells so good and I forget about how nasty the end of winter was.



I was able to get a couple of pictures of the latest top I completed. I don't have anywhere that I can hang a quilt to show the whole thing off well, but at least this shows most of it. This was last years $5 block of the month from a LQS. I'm not that into sampler quilts, but it gives me a chance to do something different from what I would usually choose to do. This is the store's suggestion for how to put the blocks together, they had a kit to buy for making the blocks wonky. The only thing I did different are the little pinwheels in the corners, I thought they would go well with the bright blocks.

This will be going on the pile of things to quilt eventually, I don't think I'll be getting to this one for a while. I'm making good progress on the blue & white quilt. I've got one side of the border done, so it shouldn't be too long!


Lastly, I want to show you a little red wagon that I found at Walgreens yesterday. I'll need to put something in it & take another pic to show the size (too small for children to sit in), it's so darn cute. It was only $5, so it was hard to resist. I think my little grand-daughter will have fun pulling her dollies around in it when she gets a little older. It will also come in handy at Christmas for decorating. Actually, at that price it would be cute to drill some holes in one and make a garden display in the spring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taiya said...

I love the little red wagon! Ryla Joy is going to have a blast putting her dolls and toys in the wagon, and pulling them out of the wagon, and putting them in the wagon and pulling them out of the wagon and putting them in.... you get it..

8:01 PM  
Blogger Rumi said...

Really like the "wonky block" quilt. Pinwheels really make the quilt "pop"!

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home