Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easter Dresses




I decided to join Eileen and some other bloggers in sharing pics of Easter past. Way past. Mom always went all out on dressing us up at Easter, I don't think I appreciated it a whole lot at the time, but I'd wear any frilly thing for a few hours for a basket of candy. I remember the teachers at school always getting after me to tuck in my blouse and stop rolling up my sleeves (and "sit up straight!"), but I really liked being comfortable, hated being dressed up. I'm the little one in front. Unfortunately my oldest sister, Cathy, died a few years ago of breast cancer & my other sister has had some problems & separated herself from the family. I have a lot of great memories of growing up, though, so for the most part it makes me happy to see the old pictures rather than sad.
I wish the picture was in color, I'd like to know what color Cathy's dress was, it looks really pretty. Don't you love those saddle shoes?




I love old postcards, when I find a box full of them at an antique shop whoever is with me pretty much has to drag me away after a while. The artwork is so great on this one. And the sentiment is sincere, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!


9 Comments:

Blogger Coloradolady said...

That picture is adorable. I love the dresses and the happy smiles on each and everyones faces. Have a blessed Easter weekend.

10:57 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Just darling! Happy Easter to you, too.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Sue this picture is just adorable. I am really enjoying all the black and whites that are popping up.. they are so nostalgic. What wonderful bonnets you all have! And the frilly dresses.. and yes.. one thing I did notice was the saddle shoes. So much fun! Thank you for joining in the Easter Parade and sharing with us your memories. Love the old cards too.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Messy Karen said...

love this pic. happy smiles. so like that you wore your saddle shoes on Easter. my sis had the black and whites. and i wore my brown suede ones for-ever.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Your dresses are typical to that era...including the saddle shoes. Had them both! Thanks for sharing your pics and your memories.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

How adorable you are!
Happy Easter:)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

You sure had on a very special dress and I'm sure this photo is extra special since your Sis is no long with you. I loved wearing saddle shoes...the 50's were my favorite time.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Loretta said...

Your dress is darling, and you look so cute! I'm sorry to hear about your oldest sister. I love these old photos and memories of happy times. Happy Easter!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

The picture of you and your sisters is lovely. Such a great memory for you. I am sure with the grace of God you will all 3 be together again.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home