Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quilt show

There was a quilt show in Allegan today. It's not a really big town, and they don't have a good place for a show that would have room to hang very many quilts, so most of them are laying over pews. Still, I'm glad they made the effort and that local ladies are able to put their quilts on display. I just have a few pictures.

I didn't see any information about these quilts, they weren't included in the voting and I don't see mention of them in the booklet they gave me, so I have no way to find out who made them or quilted them. They were machine quilted and quite beautiful.



I was trying out my new Vado HD, it's a mini cam. I wanted something small enough to carry with me, mostly to take videos of my grandbaby. We never had a video cam when my kids were little and I wish we had, I didn't want to miss the chance of catching some of those fleeting moments with my grandchildren.

I'd been looking at the mini cams, asking questions, and apparently Amazon noticed because they sent me a good offer, practically making it half price. It's pretty cool, the program allows you to do some editing and you can take photographs from the film as well, which is what I did here. It's really easy to use, so that's good for me. It's only about 2x4" so I can fit it in my purse with no trouble, and it plugs right into the computer to upload.




I tried to post a short video from the quilt show, but it's not working. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it just keeps saying it's loading but it never finishes. I've loaded videos on to another web site and it worked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

This final picture is an actual page from an old book. The book was falling apart so I removed some of the more interesting pages. I've had it for years and ran across it the other day. Hopefully if you click on the picture it will enlarge enough to read it, it's really funny (unless you're the wreck!).

3 Comments:

Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, I've seen that sheet before, have no idea when or why. Any more pictures from the show? The ones you show are wonderful! Love the videocamera.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wonderful quilts in this show! thanks for sharing

9:15 AM  
Blogger Quilt Hollow said...

Fantastic quilting on those simple yet elegant quilts!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home