Monday, May 25, 2009

My New Ride

Pretty cool, eh? I found this at a yard sale a couple of days ago for $5, couldn't pass up that deal. I won't actually be riding it, but will find a basket for it, fill the basket with flowers, and put it in a garden maybe, or somewhere else where it can just sit there and look cute. I wish the chain guard was showing on this side though, I love the Space Racer logo.


I guess it's pretty bad when something like this is considered 'retro' or 'antique' when I could actually have been riding this bike when I was a kid. I see they're coming out with brand new bikes that look like something out of the 50s-60s. It's nice that people are appreciate the style of things from that time anyway.


I'm not doing much sewing, but did get 2 blocks done. This one is the Bunny Hill, A Tisket A Tasket free block of the month. I want to add a little more embroidery to it, but haven't figured out what to do yet. Anne used tiny buttons on her original, but they don't look right on this. I'll figure something out.




The second block is from Gail Pan's A Christmas Wish patterns. I love how both of these are turning out, it's really great of these ladies to go through all that work and offer these blocks for free. I wish I had time to do the Bunny Hill patterns in wool, too. Look over at Cottons 'n Wool & see how cute hers turned out. Maybe I'll get around to that next winter.




It's really beautiful out, and here I am hiding in the house. Something is in the air that is making my allergies crazy, and I felt so lousy yesterday that I hardly want to step outside today. I hope whatever is blooming dies down soon so I can enjoy the spring weather.

My husband, daughter & SIL have been working like crazy getting the garden in (I got to keep the grandbaby busy, how did I luck out getting that job?), and today everything is done being planted. My husband always goes a bit overboard on the garden, this year he wanted to order everything through the mail. I tried to talk him out of it, to no avail, and he ended up with a lot of half dead plants that arrived late so we had to run to the store for some replacements. Hopefully the company has a good refund policy. If everything grows as it should we'll have plenty of veggies for us and a ton of leftovers to give away. And next year DH will listen to me, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

That looks a lot like my bike! I never adjusted to the speed bikes. :)
Beautiful blocks, too.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home