Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A little of this...


....and a little of that. I have a feeling that's how I'll be working this summer. I'm kind of distracted and can't seem to settle on any one project. It will be a good thing if I finish up a lot of small projects anyway. I finally got my June block done from Gail Pan's A Christmas Wish. I'm just about done with my Bunny Hill block, I should have a pic of that in my next blog, just have to do the embroidery parts.





I got the first pillowcase done, dang that was a lot of embroidery for one pillowcase! I'm not real thrilled about the colors, but the colored lines on the pillowcase were permanent so I didn't think I should stray too far from what they had printed on it in case the lines showed through.
I do like it, though, I'm a sucker for a little house in the valley with smoke coming out of the chimney. Not sure what those things in front are, though. My daughter & I decided they were supposed to be wagon wheels, but why the red designs on the wheel?? No clue.

Have you discovered Picnik? It's a fun site, you can do quite a bit of playing around with your photos for free. Of course if you want to upgrade there are 'premium' options, but there are a lot of cool things there that you can do at no cost, so if you haven't seen it you should definitely check it out. I am not exactly a computer genius, so I like a web site that makes things EASY. My daughter has been making some beautiful photos on there, too. I love this picture of my grandbaby, very cool.
These pictures are deceiving, though, the tones of the altered photos make it look really cool outside, and actually it's face-of-the-sun hot. Okay, I might be exaggerating slightly. I'm still cooling down after spending a few days with no power (thus no air conditioning!).


There was a second big storm on Friday night and a tornado hit an area just a few miles from us. There was no warning, but fortunately nobody was hurt. It took out a house and a few barns and did some damage to some other homes as well. It's a shame about the barn in the photo, it looks like it was in good shape. I feel bad for those people, dealing with insurance companies and builders is a nightmare.

I'm really looking forward to Friday, there's going to be a quilt show at Shipshewana. Well, actually it's going on right now. It's the first quilt show they've had there, they even had Marianne Fons as a speaker yesterday. I hope it's not too crazy down there on Friday, I thought things might have calmed down a bit by then, I'm really not crazy about crowds. Hopefully they'll allow pictures. If so, I'll share them with you this weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

I would love to go to Shipshewana someday. I hope you have a great time.

I agree, I think that the fence row on the pillow case is red wagon wheels in the front. Great job. I haven't done embroidery in a long time, Love the work you have done. I will check out the BOM's you mention, I need to have a little "believe" magic (Santa!!) in this heat too!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Gwendie said...

No wonder you love that picture of your granddaughter - it's a wonderful picture! Thanks for the heads-up on picnik. I'm going to check it out. I love free and easy photo sites, too.

Wish I could go to the quilt show with you but I'm too far away. Your embroidery is really nice and I enjoy your pictures of it.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Have a great time in Shipshe! I hope you can take lots of photos. Wish I were with you tomorrow.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home