Sunday, June 07, 2009

Quilts!


While my son & his girlfriend were visiting from California (yea!) this week we took a short trip to Shipshewana. The quilt wall at Lolly's had so many great quilts that I thought I'd share some of them with you. I'm glad they allow photos to be taken there, these quilts are so beautiful! The quilts are folded over, so I couldn't get full sized pictures of any of them.


These quilts are ALL hand quilted, I believe all by Amish and/or Mennonite ladies. It would be really hard to pick a favorite, it's a good thing that I can't afford to buy them all~


This batik star quilt is on my top ten list from the wall of quilts. I'm a sucker for batiks, and I really like star patterns. I have a quilt in mind for one of my kids that will be a star pattern & will be made of batiks, but I haven't decided on a pattern yet.

In truth, even if I could afford anything I wanted, I probably wouldn't buy a lot of quilts. I treasure the quilts passed down to me through the family, and of course the ones I've made myself. When I see one that I really love in a store, my first thought is to put it on my list of quilts to make. I would, however, buy this red and green quilt. For some reason, even though I love it, it's not a quilt I'd want to make.

I want to have a bunch of Christmas quilts to throw over the furniture to make the house cozy during the holidays, but I kind of doubt that's going to happen in this lifetime if I make them all myself. I've got one done and one started, though, so I guess it's possible!

It was a fun week, but unfortunately we had to put my son & his girl on a plane home today. Time goes by so fast when they're visiting, but at least they had good weather this time. It was about a year since their last visit, so our grandbaby didn't remember him, but she really took to him right away, kind of unusual for her. She kept holding out her arms for Uncle Alex to pick her up, it was sweet.


Well, I have completely run out of things to babble on about, so I'm going to stop and just finish up with a couple more pictures, enjoy!