Saturday, June 27, 2009

Shipshewana Quilt Show

I was really pleased with the first annual Shipshewana quilt show. They had a nice selection of quilts, all very well made. Fortunately they allowed photos, just no flash. I'm going to start with my favorite quilt, but (oops) I think I had my daughter take the pic of the full quilt, so I'll have to get that from her. She's also got pictures from the show, we're trying not to have too many duplicates.
This quilt artist actually lives in a nearby small town, I hope I can meet her someday, though I would not be bringing along any of my quilts. I mean, seriously people, look at this work!


I didn't compact this photo down, so hopefully you can click on it and see the detail. It is a delightful quilt, with so much intricate detail, just amazing!













This one is so incredible, look at that quilting! I'd love to sit down with the maker of this one and hear more about the story of the quilt.







I'll end for now with this lovely fairy quilt, and will post more quilt show pictures soon.








5 Comments:

Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, wonderful, thank you so much for posting photos of the show. Looking forward to seeing more. How that woman does that phenomenal quilting I will never know!!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Breathtaking! I must go some time in the future.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kathie said...

amazing!!!!!! would have been my favorite quilt too, oh my gosh
what a beautiful quilt would love to see the whole quilt
the quilting is just amazing!
thanks for sharing this with us
Kathie

4:13 AM  
Blogger Gwendie said...

I see why you like the first one! I so wish I could have been there but seeing pictures is really nice. Thanks for posting them.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Oh, wow...the quilting on those are beautiful. I love quilt shows and getting to see all those works of art. Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home