Saturday, July 25, 2009

More of the same...

I've been enjoying the summer and not taking much time for blogging or sewing. I did get in my sewing room today for a couple of hours, but just worked on projects already started. Our garden is bursting with veggies, we've been overrun with three different kinds of squash for a couple of weeks, and now we have about a million beans that need picking. We had them for the first time tonight and they were sooooo good. I wish we could have the luxury all year of picking food from the garden for our meals.
This picture of my design wall will give you an idea of what I've been working on. I'm still not sure how I'm going to set the star blocks, but I'll probably be going with what's on the wall, on point alternating with blocks in a variety of prints, with an floral applique border of some kind. The Christmas quilt is going to take a long time, but I love how it looks. I'm behind on my blocks of the month, I'd better get to work before the month ends! Hard to believe we're already close to the end of July.
The weather is feeling a little more like summer, but still pretty mild. We're getting a good rain today, much needed. The tiger lilys have been growing outside our back door since we've lived here, I just love them.

Lastly I want to show you the basket I bought recently from folk artist Peggy Gaines. I guess I should have taken a pic from the side, too, so you could see that it's a long basket. I guess it's supposed to be put on the back of the toilet so you can keep a roll hidden in each side and it has room for kleenex in the middle. It's too cute to hide in the bath, so it's on my kitchen counter. If you want to see a couple more awesome items I have from Peggy, just type "Peggy Santa" in the blogger search box in the upper left corner. It's dangerous for me to visit her store because I want to fill my house up with her art. Almost as bad as going to the quilt store!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sipiweske Quilts said...

Hi Sue! Thanks for stopping by my blog and having a visit. You are currently set to "no-reply" so I came to visit you here. Love your Bunny Hill blocks - they are coming along quite nicely. Sure feels good to get them done and start the snowmen ones. Have a great weekend. - Marlene

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home