Thursday, August 06, 2009

August


Still having great summer weather here in Michigan! We have some hot days in the forecast for this weekend, but I'm just enjoying the days as they come & today is about perfect. This picture is of the daylilies along our driveway, they're so beautiful right now.

I was really late getting my 2 blocks of the month done, just been too busy doing other things. Glad I finally got around to it, though, I don't want to get behind or I may never finish them. I wasn't sure about keeping the sashing this color, but I'm still mulling it over. It's darker than the other sashing I've used, but I may mix up that color in the quilt in other places, it's kind of growing on me. This is Gail Pan's design,
A Christmas Wish, just in case you haven't seen it before.

Also completed (well, almost) my Bunny Hill, A Tisket A Tasket block. I'm still digging through my fabrics for a tiny fabric flag for the sheep to hold & am waiting to put buttons on until the quilt is completed. I'm making some changes to the blocks here & there to suit myself, such as not using words on the blocks. I noticed that my pics are all wonky, I must be having a crookedy day.




Our garden is doing really well, except for a problem with something killing a number of plants. I've sprayed, and it doesn't seem to make a difference to I'm wondering if it's moles eating the plants from the bottom or something. Fortunately we have more than we need so it's not hurting production much. We've been eating squash & beans practically every day and my daughter is still taking bag loads of veggies away every day to give away. I think we're feeding half the county, ha! Can't wait for the sweet corn & melons, yummm!


Hard to believe it's August, I wish the summer wouldn't fly by so quickly.

Before I close I have a favor to ask. I have a good friend (Pat) who has had breast cancer that was successfully treated, and now it may be back on the other side. Right now they're doing all the tests to determine what's going on. She's one of the nicest people you would ever meet, if you're a praying person please send up a prayer for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home