Thursday, February 04, 2010

HP Pavilion laptop nightmare

If you've read my blog before you might be familiar with my computer problems. I finally got a free replacement for my previous HP Pavilion laptop because it had to be sent in for repairs so many times. It's a new HP Pavilion dv7-1240us Entertainment Notebook PC. I had it two weeks and the monitor went white one afternoon while I had left it sitting for a while, so my brand new laptop was sent in for it's first repair about a week ago.
I got it back today, the only thing the enclosed paper said was that the display was repaired, so I started it up and played with it a bit. I noticed immediately that the screen was flickering, and the colors weren't right. After playing some more I'm finding some more problems with the web cam and the sound systems.
I just CANNOT believe this, after all the problems I had with the last HP Pavilion laptop you would think they'd take extra care and double check to be sure everything was working before they sent this back to me. I would love to take a sledgehammer to this thing, but instead I'll be calling them tomorrow to tell them to fix it AGAIN.
I have a one year warranty on this thing, so we'll be saving up for the next 12 months and I'll be taking my sons' advice on what to buy next time. One thing I can guarantee you is that it won't be an HP product.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. I am in the same situation...and know I won't buy an HP next time either. Mine went in for HP service ~4 times and each time came back with same (or more) problems. Warranty expired and I went elsewhere for service...all for the same original problem that happened < 6 months of ownership..After seeing so many complaints on the web, and escalating to HP corporate with no suppport...I decided to no longer buy HP products. Very sad as I had been a loyal HP customer.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Most annoying. There's nothing worse than something you can't rely on. Do you have a backup so you can stay attached to the world while it's in for repair?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Very upsetting. I buy extended warentees. When they replace them, they send a rebuilt one that will only last until your warentee is over. I had 2 HP and this was true of both. My current one is a gateway and was been great for three years. One secret I found was to buy a fan/blower to sit the lap top on. Only costs about $25 and I'm convinced that most of the problems are due to the lap tops getting too hot.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Taryn said...

So sorry about your computer problems. How frustrating!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home