Thursday, June 17, 2010

New grandbaby!



This little bit of sweetness was born June 5th, weighing 9 lb 12 oz! She looks a bit like her big sister, but with darker hair. Love those chubby cheeks!

When we went to the hospital to see her for the first time there was a big storm with a tornado warning so we were stuck in the tunnel below the hospital until about 1AM with a lot of other people, so I think we'll remember that night especially well.





I just finished decorating a jacket for her, it's an 18 month size so she won't be wearing it for a while, but I was just in the mood to do something like that. Her big sister saw it and really took a liking to it, so I'll have to make her one, too. I tend to pick up things like this at yard sales, so I have a pile of bibs & jackets to play with.



I did some embroidery and added some beads to snazz it up a bit. The fabrics are from Moda's Charisma line, I just love these fabrics.





Have you ever seen one of these? I was shopping in a small town near here today and found a cute little shop with teas & kitchen items. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it's such a cool idea! It will save me a lot of hassle, no more trying to wrestle aluminum foil around the edge of the pie. Guess I'm a bit of a kitchen geek.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Congratulations on the new granddaughter! She's adorable. I use the pie shields when baking and they work well.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home