Friday, October 01, 2010

It's October!

It's officially October, still kind of early to carve pumpkins if I want them to last till Halloween, but painted ones will probably hold up. Guess it depends on the weather, but it's getting decidedly chillier. We have some rain coming in now, darn it, today was such a beautiful day. I got the idea for this pumpkin here. Now I need to try to paint Dora & Boots on a pumpkin for my granddaughter.

That hairy thing in the background of the picture above is one of our dogs. She really wanted her picture taken for some reason, just sat there and refused to leave, silly dog. Guess I'll be nice and let her have her blog moment.


Next up is a little Halloween candle jar, made from the directions in Martha Stewart's Halloween Handbook. Well, I'm sort of a dork and generally skip over the directions and do things my way. Sometimes it works out and sometimes I use the wrong kind of paint and it runs. I plan to make a few more of these, so next time I'll listen to Martha and get the right paint. I do like my handle better though, I wrapped the wire around a dowel instead of just leaving it straight, I think it adds a nic touch to the project. I think I'll tie a little raffia or a bit of ribbon to the sides, too.

To finish up this posting I'd like to share a new decoration that I just bought from a local folk artist, Peggy Gaines. I've shown some of her art before. I have a few Christmas items that she painted, I especially love her Santas. I can't wait to see what she has for Christmas this year. Sometime I'll have to take pics of all the items I have from her and make a post of her work.


Hard to believe it's October already. I'm glad that fall is here, but it seems like September just kind of skipped right by. The leaves are just starting to change a little bit here, not enough to make it worth showing any pictures yet.
Hope you're all having a nice fall!

2 Comments:

Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Sue, your German Shepherd is wonderful. Searched Peggy Gaines on your blog but did not see other things by her. That Halloween piece is fantastic!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That sill dog is a smart dog, he knows where the action is. Love the fall decorations, I love this time of year, with falling leaves and everything orange.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home