Saturday, November 20, 2010

All sorts of fun~

This little bit of cuteness is my birthday present from my son, Alex. Isn't she a sweetie? I just bought The Wizard of Oz dvd, so I was really pleased to get Dorothy! This is a Lori Mitchell design. Can't wait to get the rest of the gang. Thanks Alex!


I didn't get many quilts finished this year, so I'm really glad to have this done. One more UFO down, and I don't even want to know how many are left to go! This was from Gail Pan Designs, and she's doing another free block of the month right now if you're interested.


AND, I want to show off some of the other items I've actually got done in time for Christmas! These are for my granddaughter, I'd seen some pics of painted and decorated shoes on-line lately, so I've been itching to make some. I've painted shoes before, but these are the first ones I've made with permanent marker.

I'm thinkin' Grandma needs a pair of shoes like these, too.....

I also did some fussy cutting and appliqued flowers all over some jeans for her, and embellished with small beads and embroidery. I think these fabrics are all from the Charisma Line by Chez Moi for Moda. I so love these fabrics, I made her a quilt from them but I have a LOT left over, I just couldn't stop picking up a fat quarter here, a half yard there. I have no regrets, I'll be happy if my grandkids are using the leftovers 20 years from now, ha!

And yet another present for little Missy. This apron is from a McCall's pattern, M6409. There's another really frilly apron on this same pattern that's also adorable, but I wanted the fabric to be the focal point with this one, so I skipped the frills. The floral fabric is Lotus by Amy Butler, I think it's perfect for this project.
It's nice to be in the mood to create again, I was just plodding along there for a long while. It hasn't been a good year in some ways, some sad things going on with the family. Fortunately my grandkids get me inspired to make pretty things, and making things usually helps pull me out of a funk.
Hope you're all having fun and getting into the mood for Christmas, hard to believe how close it is already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home