Monday, November 08, 2010

Fun project


I got started on this project because of my mom, she had seen a frame that someone made for their necklaces and called to get my input on how to make one. I liked what I found once I started looking around on the net and decided to make one for my earrings.

I love how it turned out! Luckily I found a frame that I really liked at the first Goodwill store I visited. I bought a piece of hardware cloth at a local hardware store (at Home Depot and probably most big box stores you have to buy a whole roll) & it was really easy to put together. It might have been better to get the 1/4 inch hardware cloth so the earrings would be easier to remove, but this will work fine for me.
I'm considering making one for my necklaces, too. The ones I liked used either lace or some pretty paper for the backing, then hung hooks along the top of the frame.

Anybody know why they call screen 'hardware cloth'?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

That's adorable! I don't know the answer, but will be watching for someone who does know.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Meggie said...

Love this! I have not seen any frames in our local Op shops, as nice as this one!
Can't help with the cloth names.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home