Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Project

I know I should be finishing one of my UFOs instead of starting something new, but Barbara Brackman is posting a block a week to make a Civil War quilt and I've really been wanting to play with my reproduction prints, so I'm joining along. Even if you don't want to make the quilt you might want to take a look just for all the interesting things you can learn from her.


Here are my first two blocks.




Sorry my pictures aren't great, it's so dark in our house that I really like to take photos outdoors but if I wait for a sunny day I might not be posting for a LONG time. Thanksfully we didn't get hit with the big storm that just walloped the east coast, but we've had a lot of snow lately and hardly any sun at all.

I finished my Tisket a Tasket Quilt (a free BOM last year from Bunny Hill Designs)! It was a Christmas present for my daughter but I wasn't able to get the hand quilting done on time. She didn't mind waiting, besides her dad is going to make a hanger for it after he's healed up from his knee replacement surgery so she won't be able to hang it up for a while yet. It looks all wonky because it's laying on the floor, but that's the best I could do for now, I don't think my husband is steady enough to be my quilt holder yet! I hope you're all staying warm, I hear that just about every state has had snow this week. You're welcome to it, I've had enough!

1 Comments:

Blogger MARCIE said...

I really love Barbara Brackman's blogs also, and all the info she provides. Your Basket quilt is so cute! And hand quilting too!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home