Sunday, March 27, 2011

C'mon spring!

I've seen beautiful pictures of spring flowers and sunny days on a few different blogs, but we're sure behind here! We've had a little sun here and there, but it's still cold and mostly gloomy days for us here. To add insult to injury, now I'm coming down with a cold. Argh! Ah well, I guess that will keep me home working on this quilt that I need to get done. I'm making good progress. I was kind of freaked out at the thought of hand quilting a king sized quilt, but it's not so bad. I try to not pay too much attention to how much I've done each day, so when I spread it out on the floor once a week or so I can really see some progress. I'm about 3/4 done with the blocks, and then have the border to do. I've also been making some of these little cuties. The pattern is from Raggedy Old Annies, I think she's the cutest Annie I've ever seen! I have to warn you, though, that I think you'd need some experience in making dolls to use the pattern. The patterns are just adorable, though, and she's got a variety of different Annies. My 3 year old granddaughter came over and saw one of the doll bodies that I had started, picked it up and announced, "That's mine!", so I guess I'd better make her one, ha! My mom wants one, too, so I guess Raggedy Ann appeals to all ages. Guess I'd better get quilting, but later I'm going to be looking at some blogs for more signs of spring!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Your strip batik quilt is drop-dead gorgeous!! Great colors!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home